robtwinem

runner

I live in Bristol UK literary fiction and crime are my books of choice and when not reading I like to run

Remain Silent
Susie Steiner
Progress: 30 %
The Leopard
Giuseppe Tomasi di Lampedusa
Progress: 80 %
Professional Reader 50 Book Reviews 80% Reviews Published

The Wrath of Angels

The Wrath of Angels - John Connolly What an awesome writer John Connolly is and like a good wine he is maturing with age :) Having read all the Charlie Parker novels over the years and having enjoyed the company of Charlie, Angel, Louis...et all through many a dangerous tale it is fantastic to read yet another explosive thriller. Connolly's books are part horror/part crime and both genres live together exceptionally well in the hands of a master. There is a wonderful feeling of dread from the opening page with the discovery of a crashed plane deep in the jungle and it's sinking slowly into the earth hoping to hide it's evil secrets. The theft of money, a secret list and a list of characters straight out of "Casablanca" Jackie Garner, The fulcis (and their lovely mum!) Brightwell reincarnated...more evil than ever before and the "not so" lovely lady he travels with.....all this and more make this a novel to savour, enjoy and remember for a very long time...can't wait for the next instalment :)