robtwinem

runner

I live in Bristol UK literary fiction and crime are my books of choice and when not reading I like to run

Hamnet
Maggie O'Farrell
Progress: 15 %
The Last British Dambuster: One man's extraordinary life and the raid that changed history
George Johnny Johnson
Progress: 50 %
Professional Reader 50 Book Reviews 80% Reviews Published

Faust 2.0: 1 (Mitchell and Morton)

Faust 2.0 - Michael  Brookes This was poorly written rubbish...think I'm being unfair?...well a book that has the audacity to compare itself to Needful Things by Stephen King stands to be ridiculed if it does not live up to its bold assertions!! here is a short example..."Speech became too much for her, she only moaned and shook her head. Dave put his arm around her. "I'm afraid D.I.Reynolds didn't make it. I'm very sorry." That to me is rather like a scene from a soap opera and I do wonder at all those top star reviews! The story (for what it's worth) concerns an entity/virus infiltrating the web and in exchange for granting the user a wish....he/she must return the favour. Well I shall certainly do this author a favour and remove him and his works form my list of preferred reading options....