robtwinem

runner

I live in Bristol UK literary fiction and crime are my books of choice and when not reading I like to run

Operation Chastise: The RAF's Most Brilliant Attack of World War II
Progress: 20 %
Professional Reader 50 Book Reviews 80% Reviews Published

Good story, sharp dialogue

The Essence of Darkness - Tom Clearlake

FBI agent Eliott Cooper is tasked with finding 5 children who have disappeared in similar circumstances in a dark and mysterious wooded location. What starts out as a simple detective story explodes in the most unexpected way introducing elements of horror, science fiction and ancient rituals culminating in a human crisis…”a secret that has remained hidden for thousands of years”…A very enjoyable first novel, with an excellent translation from the original French, and boasting some stand out snappy dialogue….”The scent of the woods that filled his lungs was intoxicating and he relished it”…..”Evil took root and spread in the night. The moon rose majestically” ……”All life seemed to be missing from the woods as if death itself held these places in the palm of its hand and was blowing macabre silence from its withered mouth”……..

Many thanks to the good people at netgalley for a gratis copy in exchange for an honest review and that is what I have written.