robtwinem

runner

I live in Bristol UK literary fiction and crime are my books of choice and when not reading I like to run

Hamnet
Maggie O'Farrell
Progress: 15 %
The Last British Dambuster: One man's extraordinary life and the raid that changed history
George Johnny Johnson
Progress: 50 %
Professional Reader 50 Book Reviews 80% Reviews Published

A sound read

The Outsider - Stephen King

Yet another solid read from master storyteller Stephen King. The body of a young boy Frank Peterson is discovered badly mutilated and all evidence points to local football coach Terry Maitland. What starts off as a simple crime story turns into something much more sinister when an evil presence is uncovered and the skills of Detective Ralph Anderson are soundly tested. There are many familiar King themes here; the supernatural, living in small town America, and the ability of friends to come together and face danger with a united and determined front. This will probably not be remembered by me as my favourite Stephen King book (that is simply because he has set himself very high standards with such noteworthy reads as The Green Mile, The Shining, 11.22.63...to name three) but it is still very enjoyable and a treat for all his worldwide readers.