robtwinem

runner

I live in Bristol UK literary fiction and crime are my books of choice and when not reading I like to run

Hamnet
Maggie O'Farrell
Progress: 15 %
The Last British Dambuster: One man's extraordinary life and the raid that changed history
George Johnny Johnson
Progress: 50 %
Professional Reader 50 Book Reviews 80% Reviews Published

The Good Father

The Good Father - Noah Hawley If this book was a painting it would be a Rembrandt, if this book was a wine it would be a "1997 Domaine de la Romanee Conti Romanee Conti", it this book was an automobile it would be a "Ferrari FF"....this book is a wonderful,yet uncomfortable read about the way we live our lives and the consequences of our actions. Dr Paul Allen is a rheumatologist at a hospital in Manhattan, divorced with a son Danny from a previous marriage to Ellen...and one morning at home with his present family the FBI came calling and inform him that Danny has been arrested for the assassination of Jay Seagram, Presidential hopeful. What follow is a journey, not only for Danny who accepts his guilt, but more notably for his father who searches his past and questions decisions he has made in an attempt to explain and understand the situation that his son now faces. The beauty of the writing is that you the reader will focus on the issues presented and question the perceived values in your own lives.