robtwinem

runner

I live in Bristol UK literary fiction and crime are my books of choice and when not reading I like to run

Hamnet
Maggie O'Farrell
Progress: 15 %
The Last British Dambuster: One man's extraordinary life and the raid that changed history
George Johnny Johnson
Progress: 50 %
Professional Reader 50 Book Reviews 80% Reviews Published

Broken Angels (Katie Maguire, #2)

Broken Angels (Katie Maguire, #2) - Graham Masterton The second book following the career of Detective Inspector Kate McGuire. It's a tough and an uncomfortable read as at times it involves repeated scenes of castration (ouch!)The story revolves around the creation of a "choir of Castrati" and as this suggest involves sexual and physical abuse. A number of priests are disappearing soon to be found horribly mutilated, all evidence points to an abuse of power and privilege within the church. The action is fast, the storyline never falters, and all this set against Kate's personal life which is fast disintegrating. I actually preferred book one in the series "White Bones" (originally released as A Terrible Beauty) but both are great reads by the master of horror Graham Masterton turning his talents to gritty crime writing...I look forward to no.3 in the series.