robtwinem

runner

I live in Bristol UK literary fiction and crime are my books of choice and when not reading I like to run

Hamnet
Maggie O'Farrell
Progress: 15 %
The Last British Dambuster: One man's extraordinary life and the raid that changed history
George Johnny Johnson
Progress: 50 %
Professional Reader 50 Book Reviews 80% Reviews Published

Great writing from a great author

Black Widow - Chris Brookmyre

This is the first book I have read by Chris Brookmyre and it most certainly will not be my last. It is a first class mystery/thriller and the writing, plotting and characterization are of the highest order.

The story revolves around consultant/surgeon Diana Jager, her relationship with husband Peter and his mysterious so called death and disappearance. As the title Black Widow suggests the reader is confronted with the facts and evidence regarding this partnership and must decide if Diana is guilty of the unthinkable.

I was hooked from the first page and loved the twists and turns of this intricate plot as the author expertly teases the reader before revealing a totally unexpected and highly original conclusion.

I was gifted a gratis copy of this book for a fair and honest review and that is what I have written.